Monday, February 6, 2012

Genesis Day 3

1. I think that Abraham knew exactly what was going to happen when he went to Egypt. He was in the middle of a famine, so they were probably desperate for food. When Pharaoh saw Sarah, he took her in and gave Abraham food and servants. I am pretty sure this was all just a devious trick. 2. If you look at this story from Sarah's perspective, you will probably get the same feeling. I think that Sarah stays quiet because she is being obedient to her husband. She gained a high position in society, and later, free food, servants, and money. 3. The story of Abram, Sarai, and Hagar is interesting to me because of the sheer craziness of it all. Sarai knows that she can't give Abram a child, so she selflessly offers Hagar to him so that he can produce offspring. I could never imagine sharing my spouse with another person. This story really makes you wonder if you could ever love someone as much as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment